Online Public Defender Application for Representation Instructions
- The Application has English & Spanish versions.
- You must submit the application at least 2 business days prior to your scheduled hearing.
- Please answer every question. If a question does not apply to you then answer no.
- You must submit the following financial information, if applicable:
- Your current paystub;
- Your current bank statement;
- Your spouse’s current paystub;
- Your Social Security Disability statement;
- Your Social Security statement or Unemployment statement;
- Your spouse’s Social Security Disability statement;
- Your Spouse’s Social Security statement or Unemployment statement.
- DO NOT EMAIL ANY OF THE ABOVE FINANCIAL INFORMATION. Please fax the financial information to 610-478-6673 or mail to: Office of the Public Defender, Courthouse, 12th Floor, 633 Court Street, Reading, PA 19601.
- If you receive new charges, you must complete a new application.
- It is your responsibility to contact the Public Defender’s Office at 610-478-6650 after submitting the application to see if you were approved.
- Please PRINT your name & date where indicated on the application.