The Berks County Parks and Recreation Department Environmental Education programs educate individuals of all ages through meaningful experiences. Placing an emphasis on hands-on activities, we focus on creating awareness about the natural world and how all living organisms are interconnected. Whether it's getting wet viewing aquatic life on our streams and ponds, or observing owls call to one another on a cold winter's eve, participants become fully immersed in our engaging and interactive programs.
Contact Jennifer Brooks at 484-509-2667 for more information on any of these programs.
: The Environmental Education staff offers programs to schools seeking to further their classroom learning with hands-on field trips and on-site programs. Students can solidify new concepts with our experiential programs ranging from water quality to soil exploration, and everything in between! Every student participates and walks away with a greater understanding of our environment!
Roots To Wings Preschool Program 2019-20:
This award winning series is intended for preschoolers. Every month in the series presents a new topic that engages little ones to explore nature. Sign up for the series, or just a few.
- 2020 Home School Programs: Our Homeschool Programs are geared towards homeschool students in grades K and older. The topics range so that students can expect to learn a variety of information about the environment. This is not a drop-off program, adult participation is encouraged. $8 per registered student. Sign up for all, or just a few, your choice.
Family Programs 2020:
All Family Programs are offered as pre-registration only. Check individual events for cost and location. To pre-register for an event, contact Jennifer Brooks, Environmental Educator, at 484-509-2667, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Coyotes: w/ PA Game Commission: June 19th,6:30pm-CANCELED
Sun Salutations: Yoga in the Park: June 20th, 9am-CANCELED
Box Turtle Program & Survey: June 27th, 10am-CANCELED
Moth Mania: July 18th, TBD
Beautiful Bats w/ PA Bat Rescue: July 24th, TBD
Knee Deep in the Creek: August 1st, 10am
Plein Air in the Parks: August 15th, 9am- 3pm -CANCELED
- Pizza & Pumpkin Party: October 22nd, 5:30pm-CANCELED
- Halloween Night Hike and Hayride: October 24th, 6pm-CANCELED
- STEAM Day: November 7th, 10am- 2pm
- Resin Jewelry Workshop: November 14th, 10am- 12pm
- Nature Crafts for Kids: December 5th, TBD
- Winter Solstice Hike: December 18th, 6:30pm
- 2020 Summer Camps - CANCELED
Contact Jennifer A. Brooks, Environmental Educator for more information about these exciting programs.
484.509.2667 ext. 3