BALLY POOL PHONE NUMBER (In-Season): 610-845-1480
Located in the Bally Community Park on the corner of North 4th Street and Chestnut Street, the Bally Community Pool is open to everyone, no matter where you live! The Bally Pool has a charming family atmosphere for all to enjoy. Lounge chairs are available for guests and are regularly sanitized. Our snack stand offers cold drinks and prepackaged snacks. You are welcome to bring your own food (no glass containers) and your own chairs. The park also offers a 1 mile walking path and a small playground that families can enjoy in-between dips in the pool.
2022 Public Safety Pool Restrictions:
- The Bally Community Pool follows current State and CDC guidelines as they pertain to COVID-19
DAY PASSES ARE AVAILABLE AT THE FOLLOWING RATES:
Adults (over age 16) $8 per day
Children (ages 5 - 15) $7 per day must be accompanied by an adult or pass a swim test
Seniors (age 62 and over) $5/day
Children 4 and under accompanied by an adult are free
Swim lessons are not currently being offered.
The pool will open Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day and will be open weekends only while Boyertown Area School District is in session, otherwise it will be open daily 12:00 PM – 7:00 PM, weather, staffing and State/Federal mandates permitting.
Follow the Bally Community Pool Facebook Page for closings or other notices.
WORK AT THE POOL
The Bally Community Pool hires certified lifeguards for the summer pool season. Please submit the above employment application to the Borough Office via email (email@example.com) or USPS to PO Box 217, Bally, PA, 19503.
The BALLY COMMUNITY SWIMMING POOL was constructed in the late Sixties as a private swimming club. The late Leonard Melcher, founder of the Bally Case & Cooler Company, donated land for the Pool. After several years of operation, the Pool was donated to the Borough by its shareholders in 1972. The Borough has operated the Pool since then as a recreational facility for residents of the Borough and the surrounding area. The Pool has been maintained by pool income over it's life as a community swimming pool. It is now in need of more extensive maintenance. In 2017, the pumps, filter and plumbing for those items were replaced. A Rec Committee was formed to hold fundraisers to obtain the funds needs to replaster, tile and deck the pool.
It is the intent of Borough Council of the Borough of Bally to operate the Bally Community Swimming Pool for the enjoyment and safety of its' members and guests. The Pool operates under the guidelines established by the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Resources. The Bally Community Pool is a family oriented pool that offers enjoyment for your family from Memorial Day through Labor Day. Season Memberships or daily rates are available for families or individuals. You do not have to be a resident of Bally to enjoy the Community Pool. Membership forms are available at the Pool and at Borough Hall. The Bally Pool is surrounded by the Community Park, which has a playground, volleyball courts, tennis courts, basketball courts, picnic pavilions, and plenty of open space.
The Pool is open for Memorial Day weekend. The Pool operates seven days a week from the last day of Boyertown School, until first day of Boyertown Schools in August. Our hours of operation are 12:00 PM to 7:00 PM. While school is in session, the Pool will be open on weekends only. Our Pool is geared toward families, with emphasis on safety. We do not have any competitive swim teams.
POOL CLOSING REGULATIONS
The pool will be closed for the following reasons:
· Temperature below 70 degrees
The pool will close early if:
It storms for over one hour with no sign of stopping
The integrity of the pool water is compromised
After 5:00 pm, no patrons occupy the pool area for one hour
At the discretion of the pool manager due to weather, attendance or water conditions
Please call 610-845-2351 or 610-845-1480 for closing information.
Pool Membership 2022.pdf
The pool offers season tickets to both Borough residents and non-residents. Season tickets may be purchased at a family, single or senior rate. We are also offering a nanny pass with purchase of family membership. The children on the membership must accompany the nanny pass user.
Please return completed membership forms, with payment to either the Borough office or the pool office (during the pool season). You will be able to pick up your season tickets during your first visit to the pool or at the Borough office during normal business hours.
Please Note: Pool operation will be at the mercy of State and/or Federal mandates. No refunds will be given for a shortened season due to closure by either of these government entities! The pool does not give out rain passes. Please note the weather before purchasing your daily attendance fee.
SWIM LESSONS (Uncertain for 2022)
One-on-One swim lessons are offered on a daily basis from 12:00 to 12:30 or 6:30 to 7:00 pm at a cost of $15 per lesson.
Parents can request a specific lifeguard per their availability for the date requested. The pool is open for regular patron use during this time, therefore these are not private lessons.
The pool is available for rental before opening hours or after closing hours to chartered organizations, or for individual private parties.
After Hours Use.pdf
Discounts are offered on the daily rates for groups of 15 or more arriving together during normal business hours.
POOL RULES AND REGULATIONS
- No obscene or improper actions or behavior will be tolerated.
- No running or dangerous behavior.
- No glass or hazardous material on pool grounds.
- No food in the pool.
- No littering allowed.
- Stay off the dividing ropes.
- Only 1 person on the slide at a time.
- Swimmers mut pass a swim test to use the slide.
- No loitering around entrance, office area, snack bar or lifeguard chairs.
- No frisbee or ball playing allowed without the permission of management.
- No alcohol or illegal substances allowed in the pool area.
- Smoking is only permitted in the designated smoking area.
- No one other than the pool staff will be allowed in the office, locker area or the filter room.
- No baby diapers allowed in the pool.
- No flips off the sides of the pool.
- Children under the age of 10 must be supervised by an adult at all times. Children between the ages of 10 and 15, may attend without and adult IF they pass a standardized swim test and provide an emergency contact form. Tests will be administered by the Pool staff.
- Pool staff are not responsible for children while at the pool or after closing, whether at the scheduled time, or due to early closing. Pool staff are NOT babysitters.
- All children who are unable to swim must be accompanied by an adult in the pool unless wearing a life jacket.
- If your child gets sick, it is your responsibility to clean up after them. Clean up materials will be supplied by the pool staff.
NOTE: Rules will be strictly enforced. Any infractions will result in a warning and, depending on the seriousness of the infraction a penalty up to and including suspension of membership and/or expulsion from the pool. Individuals expelled or suspended shall not receive any refund of fees paid.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Bally Community Pool is Owned and Operated by the Borough of Bally
For more information call the Borough Hall 610-845-2351