Upper Tulpehocken Township
Skip navigation links
About Upper Tulpehocken
Skip navigation links
Boards & Commissions
Road Services
Emergency Services
News & Information
Strausstown SewerExpand Strausstown Sewer
RecyclingExpand Recycling
Permits & FormsExpand Permits & Forms
Permit Information
Berks County > Municipalities > Upper Tulpehocken Township
All permit applications are available online at Kraft Code Services:
Permits are needed for:
  • new residential construction
  • agricultural buildings **
  • sheds (portable or permanent)
  • decks
  • additions
  • pools (temporary / permanent)
  • fences over 6 feet high
  • garages
  • pole buildings
  • carports
  • patio / porch / deck roof or awning
  • upgrade / replacement / new electric service
  • signs
  • home-based business
  • various remodeling projects
  • roofing replacement
  • timbering/logging
  • many additional projects
Zoning Permit- A zoning permit is needed when any type of construction is planned, or for an in-home business. Fees are due and payable to Upper Tulpehocken Township when the application is submitted. Fees are based on cost of construction and are listed on the application. Complete applications and fee shall be submitted directly to the Township office.
**Please note that in most cases a Building Permit is also required.
Building Permit- The Uniform Construction Code (UCC) dictates that a building permit is needed for any construction activities. Several inspections are required during the building process to ensure compliance with the UCC. No fee is due at the time of application. Complete applications shall be submitted directly to the Township office.
Sewage Permits Township Sewage Permits are issued by the Sewage Enforcement Officer Brian McFeaters. Mr. McFeaters can be reached at 717-813-6492. Mr. McFeaters also coordinates the perc and probe testing for lots.
After approved testing, an independent septic design would need to be submitted before a sewage permit can be issued. A Sewage permit must be issued prior to the issuance of a permit for residential new construction.
Strausstown Village sewage is a public system serviced by the Strausstown Sewage Treatment Plant. Please contact the Township directly with any questions.
Subdivision & Land Development Forms
                  - LSR-1 Minor Subdivision
                  - LSR-2 Preliminarey Subdivision or Land Development
                  - LSR-3 Final Subdivision or Land Development
                  - LSR-4 Improvements Agreement
                  - LSR-5 Site Investigation & Percolation Testing Report
                  - LSR-6 Subdivision Sewage Disposal Report
 Fees are due and payable to Upper Tulpehocken Township when the application is submitted.  
Complaint Form - Must be completed and signed by township resident for investigation to commence.
**Agricultural buildings require a zoning permit, and possibly an electric permit.