Welcome to the official website of the Borough of Shillington, Berks County, Pennsylvania. We hope you find the website to be a useful communication tool to keep you informed about what's happening in the Borough. Please bookmark this site and visit it regularly to see what new information has been added. UPDATED 09/14/2020
COUNCIL MEETING - The next meeting of the Shillington Borough Council is scheduled for Thursday, October 8, 2020 beginning at 7:30 p.m.
CIVIL SERVICE MEETING - The next meeting of the Civil Service Commission is scheduled for Tuesday, September 15, 2020 beginning at 11:00 AM. The meeting will be held via Zoom video conferencing. For more information on participating by Zoom video conferencing, please call the Town Hall at 610-777-1338.
*** ATTENTION ***
All playgrounds in the Shillington Memorial Park opened on Friday, June 26, 2020.
- Please practice social distancing, stay six (6) feet apart and avoid congregating
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer before you enter the playground and immediately after you leave
- It is recommended that everyone over the age of two (2) wears a mask
- Please do not bring food or drink into the playground area
- Bathroom access may be limited at times, please plan accordingly
Pavilion Rentals: Rentals began on Monday, June 29, 2020 at 8:00 am at the Town Hall. For more information about pavilion rentals please visit our Pavilion page
For more information and updates on the Coronavirus (COVID-19) please visit the link below to the Berks County Department of Emergency Services
BERKS COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF EMERGENCY SERVICES
NOTICE - The Town Hall will be open to the public starting Monday, June 29, 2020 at 8:00 am. For reduced contact, water payments paid by check may still be placed in the drop box or payments by credit card may be made by calling the Town Hall at 610-777-1338.
After careful consideration and a thorough examination of all the guidelines and requirements, the Shillington Borough Council has made the decision to not open the pool for the 2020 season. The Borough is reluctant to make this choice and would like nothing more than to provide a fun and safe outlet for all residents. However, we are unable to guarantee the safety and wellbeing of our pool staff and patrons. We regret any inconvenience this choice may make for you but we look forward to opening up in 2021.
Due to the current Emergency Declaration by Governor Wolf, the following events have been suspended or postponed until further notice:
- The Pool will be closed for the 2020 season.
- There will be no playground program for the 2020 season.
- The Concert in the Park scheduled for Friday, June 12, 2020 has been CANCELLED.
- The Concert in the Park scheduled for Friday, August 7, 2020 has been CANCELLED.
**UPDATED 05/01/2020** TRASH COLLECTION - Effective Monday, May 4, 2020:
Eagle Disposal will be enforcing the following collection mandates in an effort to protect their frontline team members and as a result of having a limited workforce during this COVID-19 pandemic:
- All trash must be bagged and tied. Bags may be placed inside a trash container. Loose items inside a trash can will be not be collected.
- All recyclable materials must be placed inside your recycling container, including your flattened cardboard. Recyclable items left outside of your recycling container will not be collected.
- A maximum of four (4) bags or containers is allowable for each household. If you are over your limit, your trash will not collected.
- Bulk item collection will resume on Monday, May 4, 2020.
Respond to the 2020 Census online, by phone, or by mail today. Regardless of how you choose to respond, your information will be kept confidential and can only be used to produce statistics. Your responses cannot be used against you in any way. Learn more at 2020CENSUS.GOV.
JUST A REMINDER FOR PET OWNERS:
It shall be unlawful for the owner, handler, custodian, or keeper of any animal to allow any such animal under such person's control to defile or defecate on any sidewalk, walkway, roadway, street, or property of another person. It shall be the duty of such owner, handler, custodian, or keeper of any animal that defecates on any sidewalk, walkway, roadway, street, or property of another to promptly clean up and remove all feces discharged and to dispose of such feces in a lawful and sanitary manner.
The Shillington Tree Advisory Committee will be planting trees in the fall of 2020. If you are a Shillington resident and you wish to have a tree planted along the curb line of your property, please contact the Tree Advisory Committee to be added to their list.
STORM WATER - HOW DOES IT EFFECT YOU?
Visit the Borough's webpage on storm water to see what you can do to help keep our streams clean and reduce pollution. CLICK HERE
CLICK HERE for a copy of the HOME OWNERS GUIDE TO STORMWATER BMP MAINTENANCE
REMINDER...It's the Law: Electronics must be Recycled
You may take your discarded electronics to the Berks County Solid Waste Authority Recycling Center, 1316 Hilltop Road, Bern Township on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM.
After Hours Water or Sewer Problem:
If you experience a water or sewer problem when the Town Hall is closed, please call the Berks County Radio System at 610-655-4911 and give the information on your problem. A Shillington Police Officer or a representative from the Borough will be in touch with you.